Wednesday 8 August 2012

F,F,Fashion

Lately I've been writing a bit for other blogs/websites.
Interviews with creative folk. Stories and random thoughts. Album&film reviews.
It's been refreshing to have another kind of creative outlet...
Here's an article I did with up'n'coming LA fashion designer for Kittinhawk, Allysun Maria Dutra, which you can see in its entirety on this here cool website, Its Rude to Stare

Otherwise, here's a bit part :)

***


GL: Designers often site their environment as having a profound effect on their work. How would you say living in LA impacts you?
ALD: LA is a weird, awesome beast of a city, I have been here a little over a year and am still trying to grasp it, the mystery, glamor, falsity and facade of it all sort of fuels me towards anti fashion as a means of inspiration. Social acceptance sickens me and it seems to be the one thing every one here cares about, so I make work only for myself and only because I think it is beautiful. LA has made me more true to my work and given me deeper perspective on friendship, love and life, all of which goes directly into my creations.
GL: What are you’re three all time favourite films and why?
1. Fantastic planet- Rene Laloux
I love this film for two reasons, its exquisitely done all in paper cut outs and the art work is stunning, and two the story is like the little prince meets ancient aliens which I absolutely adore.
2. The color of Pomegranates – Sergei Parajanov
This is the art film to top all art films, I cant think of anything more thoughtful and beautiful.
3. La Dolce Vita- Frederico Fellini
Fellini is a genius, I am in love with Marcello Mastroianni, this film embodies all the beauty, love, suffering and magic in life. I would argue it is one of the best films ever made, I watch it over and over and each time I find something new and intriguing.




No comments:

Post a Comment